Chief Product Officer
Our purpose is to entertain and educate kids all over the world and inspire their curiosity in diversity. We do that by creating a kids entertainment playground. Playground TV is a multilingual streaming platform for kids.
Our ambition is to build a kids first multilingual media company with a passion for fun and learning technology, belief in online safety and with care for our kids’ childhood. We are looking for a Chief Product Officer to be a visionary, strategic leader, team supervisor, and an advocate of Playgrounds products.
We have taken it this far and we are now looking for you to think about how kids are using devices to entertain and educate themselves in the next five years. As a strategic leader, our Chief Product Officer is in charge of a broad scope of product-related activities;
- Product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Product development and design
- User research
- Product growth and marketing
- Product analytics and metrics
- Structuring the product organization, which today includes the development organisation.
- Interviewing, recruiting, and supervising product employees and teams
In other words, our CPO is in charge of initiatives across the entire product lifecycle — from customer discovery and user research to development and delivery.
Leadership – Our CPO needs excellent leadership skills to supervise and oversee the product & development organization. This ensures that initiatives run smoothly across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders.
Strategic product vision – We want our CPO to be responsible for the “why” of the product and what to build next. She/He must then align the company around their overarching vision.
Sensitivity to customers and users – One of the crucial responsibilities of our CPO is to deeply understand the problems, needs, and desires of children using Playground. The way kids discover conducted by the CPO (and other members of the product team) are necessary to build excellent product experiences and identify proper positioning in the market.
An eye for data – As our leader of product, the CPO must make objective, data-driven decisions. Define the metrics related to product performance and track them on an ongoing basis. Working with software for kids we need to keep an extra eye on COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act), GDPR as well as the app stores requirements for family oriented applications.
Average Revenue Per User, Customer Acquisition costs, Churn rate and retention, User activity and engagement within the product, Churn rate and retention and Quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate whether products or specific features have reached product/market fit.
- Proven work experience in product management, project management and or product development.
- Leadership skills
- Proven and strong UX experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to the leadership team.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a result driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
What we Offer
- A friendly, respectful and professional working environment
- A role in our management team reporting to our CEO leading the company’s product vision.
- A company with a clear purpose and the ambition to do good
- The opportunity to have an impact early in our adventure
- Flexibility in how you want to work. We trust you to be your best wherever that space might be. We like to meet in our cozy office in Gothenburg (with respect for regulations in place) and understand the benefits of remote work, deep focus time and freedom of choice.
- Fair compensation with salary and option plan for early employees
- Modern equipment necessary to perform your tasks (mobile phone, computer, etc.)
Don’t forget to have fun and feel free to be creative and inspire your colleagues.
Founded in 2019, Playground TV is a multilingual streaming platform available on iOS, Android and web. Powered by 18 kids channels, 140 animated shows in 8 different languages, Playground TV is accessible in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland and Italy. Playground TV has a passion for diversity and on a mission to entertain and educate kids all over the world. Our ambition is to build a kids first multilingual media company with a passion for fun & learning technology, belief in online safety and with care for our kids’ childhood. We strive to be the first choice for multilingual families, exploring the world of animation. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and the service can be accessed directly on www.playground.tv or from Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Huawei AppGallery.