Apply via LinkedIn here
About the job
Our purpose is to entertain and educate kids all over the world and inspire their curiosity in diversity. We do that by creating a kids entertainment playground. Playground TV is a multilingual streaming platform for kids.
Our ambition is to build a kids first multilingual media company with a passion for fun and learning technology, belief in online safety and with care for our kids’ childhood.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer who is proficient in both front- and backend coding. If you love developing servers, and databases for website functionality, coding for mobile platforms and would like to help us on this journey, then read on.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Implementing user interactions on web pages.
- Develop back-end applications for web and mobile.
- Managing servers and databases.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Investigative programming to find solutions to problems.
- Evaluate, and implement innovations on the platform when possible.
- You will report to the technical lead at Playground TV.
Who you are - Your Experience
- Degree in computer science and 10+ years of experience.
- Experience within the Video streaming industry.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with node is & all forms of Server-side JS.
- Should know how to create NPM packages & use as a library.
- Should be familiar with node NPM modules of AWS.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer
- A friendly, respectful and professional working environment.
- A role in our management team reporting to our CEO leading the company’s product vision.
- A company with a clear purpose and the ambition to do good.
- The opportunity to have an impact early in our adventure.
- Flexibility in how you want to work. We trust you to be your best wherever that space might be.
- Fair compensation with salary and option plan for early employees.
- Modern equipment necessary to perform your tasks (mobile phone, computer, etc.)
- Don’t forget to have fun and feel free to be creative and inspire your colleagues.
Founded in 2019, Playground TV is a multilingual streaming platform available on iOS, Android and web. Powered by 18 kids channels, 140 animated shows in 8 different languages, Playground TV is accessible in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland and Italy. Playground TV has a passion for diversity and on a mission to entertain and educate kids all over the world. Our ambition is to build a kids first multilingual media company with a passion for fun & learning technology, belief in online safety and with care for our kids’ childhood. We strive to be the first choice for multilingual families, exploring the world of animation. The company is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, and the service can be accessed from Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Huawei AppGallery.
Apply via LinkedIn here